Thursday 9 August 2007

!! One of my favourite nights!!


I do not know how to start this ,but it came to my thoughts lately things had happened in my life and made me to remember and stayed in my mind for as longer as I live,

It started when I was younger and been naughty ,once I went to see a movie with my cousin ,with out asking my late dad known deep down that he will not prove of if I remember rightly it was some times around January and it was so cold in libya ,so I was late coming home and my late dad went out looking for me he saw one of my mates and asked him if he seen me?
Of course he told him the truth, poor me!!!!!
Dad went home with out saying nothing to the family and start planning his next move to teach me a lesson, so poor me came home smiling and thinking I was clever, as we went in the house I saw mum and all family disappearing out of sight , I could see his eye balls coming out, he asked me where have I been? I said we been playing football. Wooooooooow
He said football as Libyan father in mad mood.
Suddenly he jumped on my trout .i lost breathing at once my cousin did a runner ,he throw me in side a dark room like a dead chicken , guess what was there waiting for me ? The biggest libayn ram ( kabash) it was for the Eid al adhaa. Cold room no cover what so ever, I was petrified, so I thought the only way to keep warm is to keep holding the ram, but he was running none stop and me running after him to get hold of him , in the end I made it and just Cornered him .and we felt sorry for each other and gone to sleep.
Surprise to me mad ordered my mum to get me out at around 6 in the morning, at last the prisoner been freed ,
But it did shake me and thought me a hard lesson in life, as parents’ u never be smart to them. As they been there and wore the shirt,
Do u all think I do deserve this nite to remember punishment?
Salam

10 comments:

ibeebarbie said...

Salam Dusk Till Dawn,

WOW! Just the running around in the room would have warmed you up, I'm sure. :-)

My mom was the disciplinarian in my family, and I can recall countless times when my brother and I thought we were so clever.

It wasn’t until years later that I realized they had already experienced such things and were wise to our ways. However, it isn’t until you live, experience and age that you realize these very things.

I wonder how I will handle Amira should she ever try to be clever with me based on my own experience. I have such a soft heart and love for her, I don’t know if I’ll be able to manage. :-)

Anglo-Libyan said...

at least you had the Kabsh for company :o)
I cant really comment on what your dad did, it was a different time maybe but I would not do that as a punishment, it is a bit too much but thats my opinion.

mani said...

I will comment on what your dad did!!!.. I think he was G!!!! a legend your dad..and I really admire what he did...

then you knew what the punishment for lying was.. he asked you where you were.. you could have at least said the truth :):)

1 night with a sheep isnt such a bad punishment for such a vice :).. and now you look back at it with your family and laugh? :):)

Salam DuDa :)

piccolina said...

OMG that was sooo funny sorry for sayingthat but u know hearing the story is not like living it !!!

well it's another story my uncle told me about him and my grandfather and they faced nearly the same thing but they were stored in the storage with all the food and stuff my grandfather used to store and sell later lol

but yeah if he didn't do so then u would have gone further with the lie and alhamdulilah you have a GREAT father knows who to rais MEN which is really hard ..

bless you inshallah

dusk till dawn said...

ibeebarbie gd day
that was the truth, dad was hard, but very kind to, yes i did sweat, but the wool kept me warm. do not worry abt a Mira she will be smart,

anglo- libyan
ur rite i was pleased it was kabsh, to ha ha, at least i was lucky i was not welsh!!!!!well it was his spare of the moment thing .he is so kind and got heart of gold,
MANI.
welcome to my blog,thanx for admiring dad, i do to.it did teach me alot and not to lie,yes when we all gother together now we just lough abt it, and they take the mick out of me,

piccolina.

it was a funny moment beleive me, for the few times i been to libya, they make me go and buy eid kabash . and guess what it has to be me who carry it into the car, once i did asked dad why did he do it, what i get a big grin smile on his face,he did all of us proud.

Hiba said...

الأباء ضروري يكونوا حازمين في بعض المواقف وخاصة موقف زي موقفك

ومهما إن كان تصرفه فهذا يعني إنه يخاف عليك و يتمنالك الأحسن في المستقبل
الشدة ماتعنيش إن الأب قاسي القلب أو جاف لا بس الشدة تعني أحياناً الحب والخوف من المجهول الي هو المستقبل


وجت مع كبش أحسن ماجت مع حاجة ثانية أكبر و أوحش


بس أكيد هالموقف القديم خلاك تحمد ربي لأنك ما إكتسبتش صفات مش حلوة وخلاتك إنسان صادق

ربي يحفظلك الوالد والوالدة
وينورك حياتك بيهم يارب

dusk till dawn said...

hibo the wiser
well dad was kind and loving to. ur spot on parents some trimes have to be tough and rough .for our own sake,thanx for commenting.
so u wish it was a hippopotamus or
hyena i spent the nite with?????

Hiba said...

lOO dusk till dawnOOl

i got this Arabic poem to you.

أَطِــعِ الإِلَــهَ كَـمَـا أَمَــرْ وَامْــلأْ فُــؤَادَكَ بِـالحَــذَرْ وَأَطِــعِ أَبَـــاكَ فَــإِنَّــهُ رَبَّـاكَ مِـنْ عَـهْـدِ الصِّـغَـرْ

dusk till dawn said...

hibo
that was a beauty peom. thanx
i learnd alot of my parents, i lv them both,a good loving parents a school of life

dusk till dawn said...

sorry hibo,